No Kidding! in Chicago
As seen in the Chicago Tribune and Red Eye, and heard on WKSU public radio!
Welcome to the Chicago branch (the largest branch ever!) of No
Kidding!, an organization for adults who are not parents. If you want
to learn more or start a chapter in your area, visit Chapter One at http://www.nokidding.net.
We provide a place where people can talk about anything but diapers
and preschools, and do cool activities. Membership is free, and just involves joining an e-mail list. Members organize events on their own, so if you think there's an activity other childfree people would enjoy, propose one!
To join No Kidding! Chicago, contact Susan at email@example.com . If you have a question, comment, or contribution for this web page, feel
free to contact me or visit
my home page.
If you would like to attend an event, please join our e-mail list first. You will then be able to see the last minute discussions and be able to tell the organizer that you wish to attend. Membership is free and easy to obtain - to join, just contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for some other activities in the Chicago area? Check out the JDFUN pages at http://www.jdfun.com, run by our own Jonathan.
Here's a sampling of what we've done:
- Movie and dessert
- Apple picking
- Wine bars aplenty
- A variety of lunch, dinner, and coffee outings
- Uptown Poetry Slam at the Green Mill
- Kayaking and a potluck
- Singles Group - Bowling
- Garden Party in Gurnee
- JDFUN dinner parties
- Blue Man Group/Buca di Beppo
- Neo-Futurist theater followed by "indoor voice" desserts
- Motorcycle trips
- Tony 'N' Tina's Wedding - we have photos
from Carin and photos from Roy!
- Ravinia - Russian Rhapsody (2000), Tony Bennett (2001), Beethoven's 9th and wine tasting (2002), Aretha Franklin (2004), Los Lonely Boys (2005)
- Grant Park Symphony
- Annual Kankakee River Canoe Trip - see the
- A Day at the Races - picnic and race viewing at Arlington Racecourse
- A Night Racing - go-kart racing at Chicago Indoor Racing in Buffalo Grove - we got to wear racing suits and everything!
- Halloween Hayrides and Parties - good food, good company, and goofy costumes - see the 2003 pictures here (grouchocam, NK Halloween Party 2003, and NKHalloween2)!
- Corn Maze
- Scavenger Hunt
- Annual Cookie Exchange - lots of delicious cookies, plus good conversation
- Murder Mystery Dinner - our own Pat S. solved the mystery!
- Milwaukee Road Trip
- Garden cleanup at St. Patrick's Residence
- Game afternoons and evenings
- Bike Rides/Walks/Hikes/Picnics at Waterfall Glen, North Shore Bike Trail, Botanic Gardens, Fox River in Geneva, Starving Rock State Park, among other locations
- Graceland Cemetery Tour - see some pictures
- Chihuly at the Park (Garfield Park Conservatory, Chicago) - followed by tapas at Emilio's in Hillside
- Crazy Bowling
- Ladies' Lunch
- Raucous goodbye parties for people moving out of town!
- Dave & Busters
- Movies at Yorktown Premium Cinema - no one under 21 allowed!
- Bike the Drive
- Horseback riding in Wisconsin
- Salon NK - discussions of issues related to living childfree...and unrelated topics too
- Super Bowl party at Walter Payton's Roundhouse - See
To join No Kidding! Chicago, contact Susan at email@example.com . If you have a question, comment, or contribution for this web page,
feel free to contact me or visit
my home page.
Last updated: 6 April 2017